Friday 20 January 2012

Date Night

Ryan and I are making it a ritual to go out every Friday night for date night.  We wait until Ethan wakes up, has a feed, gets changed and play with him for a bit.  We strap him up in his car seat and bring him to one of our sets of parents house.  From there we go for dinner and sometimes meet up with friends after dinner for drinks (pop and water for me of course).


I'm not going to say it's easy to leave the little munchkin, but it's definitely a nice feeling to know he is in safe hands while my husband and I can spend some quality alone time together.... I mean, we pretty much talk about him but it's still nice to get out of the house and just be alone for a few hours.  It is also really nice when we can meet up with friends and have adult conversations!  (Again, we talk about Ethan, but at least I don't have to talk in a high pitched baby talk voice!).

I have to say though, I really can't wait until I can come get him and cuddle him in my arms, give him a little bit of milk while he nestles close to my chest and send him off to dreamland.  I love hearing his little breaths and quivers as he falls deeper into his sleep.  Then I put him in his crib, which he looks so little, but so comfy in, slowly close his door and give one last peek before I head back downstairs.

When I head back upstairs to bed, I peek again, just to look at him, listen to his breaths, and drift off to dreamland myself......which is exactly what I'm going to do right now :)

Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment