Sunday 11 March 2012

Back on Track....kinda

So I think we are either getting back on track or on a new routine!  NOW Ethan seems to be on an eating strike....meaning he can take it or leave it.  If you read about growth spurts, you will see that they are super hungry for a few days then won't eat at all and sleep for the next few (or vice versa).  I haven't noticed any of his sleepers being too snug or fitting better, but then again I have him in 3-6 month clothing so I guess I wouldn't really notice.


He now is enjoying a long nap from 1-4pm, or later (by about half hour).  And takes his little cat naps during the morning.  And another nap at 6:30pm or 7:00pm.  (We need to eliminate this nap because he doesn't want to go to bed until 9pm or so!).


Breastfeeding is going wonderfully.  We are generally only giving him one or two bottles (of breastmilk of course) during the day.  Depends if I drop him off at our parent's house.  I was a bit worried that he will prefer the bottle from doing that, but he doesn't, which is a relief.  Nursing is so much more convenient though, I have to say.  I have only been pumping early morning and before I go to bed (unless Ethan misses a feeding, then I have to).  So it's SO NICE to not be attached to a pump all day.  I feel very "full" but generally that means that he is due for a feeding, plus I have to work on lessening my supply so I have to just deal with it I guess.  We are now working on taking the breast a bit longer than right after his nap.  Before I was doing immediately after naptime - he was sleepy and would always take (still does).  Now, I am waiting.  For instance, he woke up at 8:30am this morning, and he was jib jabbering in his crib for 25 minutes....so  left him.  He was having a great time!  I went in and he was smiling.  I changed him and then played with him for a few minutes, waited for his cues and fed him.  He took alright.  I don't think he was super hungry but he still took.  It's progress!   We seem to be doing good with that at home but not so much when we are out of the house (like our parents house).  So I will see today at my mom's how he does.
As you can see, Ethan and Sophie are becoming really good friends.  She doesn't mind when he chews on her ears and feet (might give a little squeek here and there) HAHAHA  I'm so funny!  (No just overtired :D )

No comments:

Post a Comment