Monday 19 September 2011

It's been awhile - long post ahead :)

So a few things went on this past week and a half...I'll break it up into the sections:

1.  NATURAL BIRTH PRENATAL COURSE

We took a course last Sunday for 8 hours regarding natural childbirth and what to expect etc.... it was a super long day but very informative.  We got a package with all the information she went through and it's a good reference just before I go in to deliver.

She went through things like the benefits of going natural and the benifits of a medicated birth or cesarean in order to give what's best for your baby.  She also touched on breastfeeding and what to expect after the birth when we are home with baby.

In a couple weeks, we start the prenatal courses at the Health Unit.  Those are only 2 hours every Wednesday night.  I'm curious to see what the difference between the courses will be.  :)

2.  VEGAS

We went to Las Vegas last week for 5 days, Monday to Friday.  We stayed at the Hard Rock hotel and I think I did pretty good considering how tired I was by the end of the night.  We weren't staying out late, but we did do a lot during the daytime.  It was nice that we could do what we want or relax and not worry about doing anything at all!  We did do a lot of walking, and I found my sciatica was starting up a little bit.... it wasn't painful most days, but it was irritating at points.

I had a really nice spa day there and Ryan had a massage.  We were both really relaxed that day and that was the day of my birthday so it was a nice way to celebrate.

As much fun as we had, it was nice to also come home to our furkids and families. Vacation is nice, and we needed to get away for sure.  It seems to make us more appreciative of all we have at home though :)

3.  MATERNITY PHOTOSHOOT

Yesterday I had a 7 hour photoshoot - the main focus was my belly of course :)  I did a class for Ted Kloske.  He did a workshop on Maternity Photography and asked me to be their model.  In exchange I get a ton of photos that I am going to cherish for the rest of my life !!  If you want to see the pictures you can go on my facebook profile page.  I am tagged in a bunch of them.  It will be a little while before I get the actual prints, so for now you can see them on there.  Once I get them I will post here on the blog.

4.  SHOPPING PROBLEM

I think I have a baby shopping problem.  I am trying to stop internet shopping, and going on all those wonderful sites a lot less.  I have gotten most of my items in that I have ordered however and I am very pleased with all of my purchases :)

5.  SHOWER

The baby shower is underway and all cards have been sent out.  Even though I didn't make my invitations or thank you's, I found other ways to be creative, so it's been keeping me busy.  I have to admit though, it's kinda nice that I don't have to do all those cards!!!  There is so much more that needs to be done (like our house to get in tip top shape!), so I'm focusing more on that.

Well that's all I really have to say, thanks for reading - hopefully it wasn't too boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment