Monday 29 April 2013

New Stuff for Baby Q!

We basically have all that we need for when Quintin makes his grand arrival, but there are a few things that I wanted to buy / needed - just from my experience with Ethan.  

We were graciously lended and/or given some big ticket items from some great friends.  These include a bassinet, a swing and a Jumparoo.  Why do you ask?  Well the bassinet - these are just stupid expensive and why not share and borrow!  They only use it for a few weeks.  The swing, well, if you knew Ethan, you know that he was held for THREE MONTHS STRAIGHT!  So I would not dare buy another one lol.  We have the stupid Mamaroo that Q will probably hate as well....   The last thing that was given to us was the Jumparoo.  Ethan LOVED it (we didn't have one, just used everybody elses when we went to their houses) and we no longer have the Exersaucer, so this will do both ! 

Now onto the purchases:  I'll explain what it is, what it's used for and why (most are self explanatory!) 

MEDELA FREESTYLE - I wanted a new pump and one that would get the job done quickly and easily.  Considering Ethan is going to still be under 2 years old, I need something that is small and portable and hands free.  It was definitely an investment but will be well worth it and well needed.  


MEDELA CALMA NIPPLE - I have the bottles that come with the pump (plus the ones from my other pump), but I wanted to try this nipple because apparently it's an easy transition from breast to bottle as it mimics the way the milk comes out. I found this brand new, sealed on Kijiji for half the price of what it sells for in stores.  If it works out well, I'll keep scoping out Kijiji for more unused nipples :) 

 

NURSING PILLOW - THE MOMBO - I didn't specifically want this pillow, I just wanted whatever was on sale and I saw this one and thought it was cute.  I don't nurse with these bulky pillows, I find it difficult.  A good ol' pillow works for me.  I do however like the nursing pillows to support baby or lay baby down, and this one has a vibrating mechanism that you insert inside the pillow.  Ethan loved his pillow (Oh, why did I get rid of it - who knows, I have no idea...because even if I never used it for him it's great for newborn photography!).  

NEWBORN CLOTH DIAPERS & INSERTS - Since we couldn't use our Grovia diapers with Ethan until he was 3 months old, and even then they were big on him, I decided to buy newborn cloth diapers.  I found 6 covers on Kijiji (that explains the pink one!).  They are Bummis Super Bright covers and the inserts I purchased off online - a natural cotton prefold.  (Sorry I don't know the brand).  


PAMPERS SENSITIVE DISPOSABLE DIAPERS - I like to use disposables during the night, and I always had success with Ethan using Pampers.  Ethan has never had a diaper rash, and we still use disposable at night with him so I have faith in Pampers!!

LANSINOH BREAST PADS - These are my favorite.  I have tried so many and these are discrete and don't show through your bra.  

NUBY FUN LINKS - I've learned after having Ethan that these are good for EVERYTHING.  Attaching toys to the car seat, chew toys, purse hangers for the stroller.... everything I tell ya, everything.

GUMDROP PACIFIERS - I only bought one pack of these because who knows if Baby Q will even like a paci.  Ethan uses the Avent Soothies and personally they are my favorite, but I saw these and they are very similar to the Soothie except they are not circular, which will differentiate the two and when it drops it won't roll under the crib every time!  Ideally it would be nice to get Ethan out of a soother, but I don't think that's happening for awhile.  We reserve it for bedtime and naps only, so it's a start! 

SOFT BLANKET - sorry no name brand.  I found it at Winners and it is similar to the one Ethan has - it's great for winter time and just for cuddling.

BURP CLOTH - CARTER'S - I picked these up at Target and I like the contour of them better than a receiving blanket.  I bought some receiving blankets as well, but I really like these for "burping the baby" :) 

RECEIVING BLANKETS - CARTER'S - I bought these from Target as well.  They say receiving blankets, but they are a lot thicker than a receiving blanket would be - so I am just going to use it as a light weight blanket.

CRIB - We got the same crib as Ethans, on Kijiji, for 1/3 of the price.  I don't have a photo of the crib (well I do but I don't feel like going through digital albums to find one!).  

RUMBLE SEAT FOR UPPA BABY - We have an Uppa Baby Stroller and there is an attachment to turn it into a double stroller, which is called a Rumble Seat.  We haven't ordered it yet, but when we plan our next trip to the states, we will put one on order with Buy Buy Baby.  (The link is to the blog but you can see how it acts on the stroller).

So that is it, so far.  Of course I got some new clothes as well for the summer months, since Ethan was a Winter baby, but most of the clothes, I have more than enough from Ethan to use in the months to come!  

I'll do a post on Baby Essentials (in my opinion of course) in the near future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment